HostPapa is up there with the best web hosting providers on the market. From the excellent customer support team to its beginner friendliness, there’s a lot to like about this little Canadian hosting service.
But it can be tricky to decide which of HostPapa’s plans will work best for you. Don’t worry, you’re in the right place. We’re going to compare HostPapa’s plans and give our recommendations as to the right one for you. Sound good? Read on!
A brief overview of HostPapa’s plans
- The most affordable plans that HostPapa offers are shared web hosting. The lowest tier is the Start plan at just $2.95 per month.
- The most premium plans are the VPS hosting plans. These start at $19.99 at the lowest tier. The highest tier is $249.99 per month.
- All plans include a minimum of 10GB SSD storage, a free standard SSL certificate, a free domain, 99.9% uptime, and 24/7 customer support in 4 different languages.
- There are 3 tiers of managed hosting, 4 tiers of shared hosting and 5 tiers of VPS hosting.
So that’s the broad overview. Also, check out our dedicated review on HostPapa to get more information about the service overall. Ready to shop plans? Let’s get into the details!
HostPapa shared hosting plans
If you’re starting a new business or have a small enterprise, HostPapa’s shared hosting plans offer good value for money. You can get started straight away with growing your business online at a reasonable cost.
Shared hosting means that you’re not on a private network. You have to share resources with other websites on the same plan. That said, it shouldn’t be a problem in the beginning. Some low-traffic websites and small businesses may never need to upgrade from the shared hosting plans that HostPapa has to offer.
So what exactly is on offer?
HostPapa breaks its shared hosting plans into 4 tiers: Start, Plus, Pro and Ultra.
The Start tier is the most basic but includes all of the essentials you need to build your website and start growing. Here’s a round-up of the key features:
- Hosting for 1 website
- Free standard SSL certificate
- WordPress website builder (starter version)
- 10GB SSD storage
- 10 email addresses (learn more about the email options HostPapa offers)
- 99.9% uptime
- 24/7 customer support
All of this is just $2.95 per month when you pay annually. If you want more storage, you can try the Plus tier which gives you 100GB of storage. From the Pro tier and up, you get unlimited SSD storage. This might be worth it if your website will have a lot of media files.
The Ultra tiers give you unlimited websites and more advanced security for the low cost of $12.95.
Here’s a table to compare the key features and the prices:
A word on HostPapa’s renewal prices
Like many other web hosting platforms, promotional prices are a thing!
The prices I just mentioned will stay consistent for 36 months. Then the renewal price will kick in.
You also only get the lowest price if you commit to a 36-month plan. 1-month plans are the highest cost. The price is on a sliding scale from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, and 36 months.
How do I know this? Well, if you look at the screenshot above, you’ll see that the Plus and Pro plans are listed with the same price – $5.95.
That didn’t compute to me so I asked customer support to learn the full details. (I wrote about my experience with customer support here.)
So I got the full explanation on promotional prices and renewal rates. Now you know too!
HostPapa managed hosting plans
Now onto HostPapa’s managed hosting plans.
If you have a WordPress website and want managed hosting, HostPapa offers good value for money with their plans. What’s more, with an award-winning customer support team and lightning-speed performance, you know you can’t go wrong!
Here is a round up of the 3 tiers available:
|Price for (24-mon)
|See all features
HostPapa VPS hosting plans
If you’re a large business with a ton of monthly traffic, you might need a VPS hosting plan. That is Virtual Private Servers. You get ultra high-performance, unlimited domains and websites, huge amounts of storage and round-the-clock managed care of your website hosting (if you want management services.) The security options for HostPapa’s managed and VPS plans are more advanced too.
The key difference between the VPS hosting plans is the amount of memory you get.
Here is a breakdown of the 5 tiers available for VPS hosting:
HostPapa’s Reseller Hosting Plans
Reseller hosting plans are very specific. But in the small chance that you’re looking for a hosting plan so you can sell hosting to others, this tiny section is for you!
HostPapa offers 5 tiers for reseller hosting plans. Ready for our final table? Here we go:
Which HostPapa hosting plan is right for you?
So that’s a lot of technical stuff we just went over. Are you any closer to choosing the right HostPapa plan for you? Here is a shorthand to help.
Shared hosting is right for you if
- You’re on a budget
- You’re a small business owner just starting out
- You’re managing 1 or more websites that don’t require dedicated managed hosting to run smoothly
Managed hosting is right for you if
- You own a high-traffic WordPress website
- You have multiple blogs or online stores to run
- You want enterprise-grade security for your websites
VPS hosting is right for you if
- You have a medium to large business with high traffic
- You want enterprise-grade security for your websites
- You need access to multiple servers
- You are an advanced programmer or web developer
Reseller hosting is right for you if
- You want to provide reliable secure hosting to clients
A Breakdown Of HostPapa’s Payment Plans
There you have it! A little overview of HostPapa’s plans and how much they actually cost. We love that regardless of the plan you choose, you get access to incredibly fast, friendly customer support that is invaluable when searching for the best hosting option for you.